Riddles can be super fun. But they can also be absolutely terrifying. If you need proof of that, check out all these murder riddles. If you've ever wanted to be a detective, this is your chance. See how well you can do in solving these murder mystery riddles. Don't let the killers get away with it now!
All answers are provided at the very end of this list!!!
1. Frost forms on the inside of the window, not the outside. So Mr. Foster could not have wiped it off to discover Mr. Tilly`s body.
2. It was the maid. She said she was getting the mail. There is no mail on Sunday!
3. Jason McCubbins, Ray's business partner. The calendar is the clue to solving this murder. The police realized that since Mr. Whitcombe was wearing his watch on his right arm, he must be left-handed. But the pen was found in his right hand. Realizing that the number on the calendar was written in a hurry and with his opposite hand, police matched the written number with the months of the year. So the B was an 8, thereby giving us 7-8-9-10-11: July, August, September, October, November. Use the first letter of each month and it spells J-A-S-O-N.
4. 1) Jack is not the murderer, because he is the brother of the murderer. 2) Dan can't be the murderer since he ran a marathon, and the murderer recently had his leg amputated, and wouldn't be running a marathon of any magnitude that quickly. 3) Ben is not the murderer if he just met Jack, since Jack and the murderer grew up together. 4) This leaves Jeff and Mike. Since Jeff is still alive (he wants to install a new computer next week, present tense) he must be the murderer. Mike also didn't grow up with Jack. It has been determined that Jack, Dan, and Jeff are all alive. Ben must also be alive since Jeff plans to install Ben's computer next week. This means that Jeff killed Mike.
5. The victim was in a convertible. He was shot when the top was down.
6. The sisters are identical twins.
7. The cassette had started at the beginning of the man's utterance. Someone else had to be there to rewind the tape.
8. The third. Lions that haven't eaten in three years are dead.
9. How can the murderer shoot him in the stomach if he came up behind the man?
10. The boy shoots the girl, and then the boy goes to jail for attempted murder and the girl goes to the hospital due to her injuries.
11. Jason. J, July. A, August. S, September. O, October. N, November.
12. The police told him to get to the crime scene, but they didn't specify where. The husband couldn't have known where the crime scene was unless he'd been there when the wife was dead or dying.
13. The butler because the parents went to the store to get the groceries. Therefore, they were out of groceries and there was none to put away.
14. The witness says he went to get the mail and there are no mail deliveries on Sundays. Also Sunday cartoons are only in the morning so how could the witness be watching them all day?
15. The poison was in the ice. The survivor girl didn't give time for the ice to melt. Whilst the dead girl waited until the ice melted which meant that the poison was released into her drink.
16. The electric chair because your electricity is out.
17. The person, along with a small group of their friends, is engaged in a game of Musical Chairs. "The Chair" is always reserved for the last person left.
18. "The Seven Deadly Sins" - Reasoning: Each sentence structure portrays one of the seven deadly sins from Christian theology, with the exception of the final 5 words. In order according to the riddle, these are; gluttony, sloth, wrath, lust, greed, pride and envy. The final 5 words, "whose feet on Earth remain", act in conjunction with the section on envy, demonstrating the perspective of a sinner in hell, who is envious of those still alive, and thus can still repent for their sins in order to enter Heaven.
19. The answer: The instructor. There was only one liar, meaning if the deck was really of fish as the instructor said, they would both be lying in contrary to the prompt. Meaning the only way the statement could be true is if the instructor was the murderer.
20. Felice and Nicholas are the murderers. The numbers correspond to atomic numbers on the periodic table of elements: 'Fe-Li-Ce/Ni-Co-La-S'.
21. The police officer suspects the newspaper delivery person. The absence of Tuesday's and Wednesday's newspaper indicates that the delivery person knew there was no one there to read it.
22. His father was in front of him when he was born, therefore he was born before him. His mother died while giving birth to him. Finally, he grew up to be a minister and married his sister at her ceremony.
23. The milkman was the only male. The doctor and lawyer were females, so the cop knew that "John" was the milkman.
24. She shot her husband with a camera and then developed the photo.
25. Cain (who killed Abel).
26. The butler because the cops never mentioned that she was stabbed with a knife.
27. The man was stabbed with an icicle.
28. The married people lived; the singles died.
29. Bill is the suspect if you read upside down the numbers it says: "Bill is boss. He sells oil."